Welcome & Overview
Welcome to FORMED: A Lay Ministry Leadership and Formation Curriculum
The Augustine Institute now offers an intensive training and catechetical foundation for lay ecclesial ministers. The FORMED Curriculum is based on the US Bishops’ guidelines for lay ecclesial ministry formation, as outlined in the document Co‐Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord. These guidelines view formation for ministry in a four‐fold structure: Human, Spiritual, Intellectual, and Pastoral. FORMED focuses on the Intellectual and Pastoral formation areas of these guidelines. The ongoing mentorship and personal assessment outlined in the areas of Human and Spiritual formation are best provided on the local level.
The FORMED Curriculum is designed to equip parish catechetical and youth leaders to meet the demands of advancing the New Evangelization in our dioceses and parishes.
The purpose of this online course is to help both new and experienced leaders focus on developing the right vision, relationships, and principles necessary for dynamic evangelization and catechesis. Designed by veteran evangelists and catechetical leaders from across the country, this curriculum will focus on the essential areas that lead to fruitful, disciple-making outreach.
By the end of this online course, participants will:
• Be familiar with foundational catechetical principles and the content of the faith, with the Church as the driving force behind all methods of evangelization and catechesis.
• Understand the key methodological principles of evangelization and catechesis, for greater effectiveness and functioning in the ministry setting.
• Understand the importance of being rooted in personal prayer and the sacramental life of the Church as the sure foundation for the active life of ministry —“Interiority for Mission.”
• Be able to reflect upon what they are learning and apply new principles and methods to their current ministry setting.
- Personal Spirituality
- Introduction to Scripture & the Catechism
- Salvation History
- Jesus, Source of Life & Freedom
- Free to Love, Free to Serve: The Human Vocation of Love
- Church History
- Our Life in Christ: Basics of Catholic Morality
- Liturgical Nature & Sacramental Life of the Church
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Canon Law
- Mission of the Church
- Holy Spirit – Converter of Hearts
- John Paul II & the New Evangelization
- Forming Disciples for the New Evangelization